Friday 14 September 2012

'The Road'

 I watched 'The Road' the other night, and it is honestly one of the best things I have ever seen; it is also the saddest, most harrowing but the most beautiful film I have had the honor of witnessing, and is also one of the truest book adaptations I have come across.
 One thing that I kept noticing throughout the film was the use of grading. The colours are all extremely washed out, adding to the already drastically bleak setting. Mid greys and browns are used recurringly throughout, meaning that when fire or blood is shown in shot, it is a sudden and surprising contrast to what we have become used to as the colour palette, shocking the audience of whom would have considered any warm colours to be a welcome change, but the darker meaning and reason for their presence seemingly much darker than the original colours themselves.


The soundtrack is also absolutely stunning and fits amazingly with the film itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment